Modernizing BEA’s International Economic Accounts
The latest information on BEA’s efforts to modernize and enhance the International Economic Accounts.
Information on BEA’s plans to implement new international statistical standards and other improvements.
- Modernizing and Enhancing BEA’s International Economic Accounts: A Progress Report | SCB, May 2012
- Modernizing and Enhancing BEA’s International Economic Accounts: A Progress Report | SCB, May 2011
- Modernizing and Enhancing BEA’s International Economic Accounts: Recent Progress and Future Directions | SCB, May 2010
Tables showing new presentations of the accounts that BEA is likely to adopt once the new standards are fully implemented. These tables also provide illustrative estimates that are intended to give users a preliminary indication of the magnitude of the proposed changes to the accounts.
- Table A – U.S. International Transactions (Summary) (XLS) New!
- Table 1 – U.S. International Transactions (XLS) New!
- Comparison of Current Table 1 with Prototype Table 1 (PDF)
- Table 2 – U.S. Trade in Goods (XLS) New!
- Table 3 – Services Transactions (XLS) New!
- Table 4 – Primary Income (XLS) New!
- Table 5 – Direct Investment Income and Financial Flows (XLS) New!
- Table 6 – Portfolio Investment (XLS) New!
- Table 7 – Other Investment (XLS) New!
- Table 8 – Portfolio and Other Investment Liabilities to Foreign Official Agencies (XLS) New!
- Key Aspects of U.S. Data and Metadata for CDIS - Presented at the CDIS Workshop in Luxembourg, June 8-10, 2011.
This presentation outlines the key aspects of the U.S. data submission for the IMF’s Coordinated Direct Investment Survey (CDIS).
Topics discussed include the type, characteristics, and sources of the data as well as BPM6 issues such as valuation methods and fellow enterprises.
- Strategy for Implementing the Sixth Edition of the Balance of Payments and International Investment Position Manual - IMF Statistics Department (2009)
- Balance of Payments and International Investment Position Manual, 6th edition – IMF (2009)
- Benchmark Definition of Foreign Direct Investment, 4th edition – OECD (2008)