Changes in the Presentation of the U.S. International
There are many changes in the presentation of the U.S. International
Transactions Accounts with the release of estimates on June 19, 2003.
The changes fall into five categories that are summarized below.
The tables that are changed can be found
- Category 1 – Modification of table 3 for the manner in which
insurance services are estimated and presented.
- Category 2 – Renumbering of three tables with no changes in content:
- Table 4 becomes table 5.
- Table 10 becomes table 11.
- Table 10a becomes table 12.
- Category 3 – The addition of a new table 4 titled
"U.S. Official Reserve Assets and Foreign Official Assets in the
- Category 4 –
- The renumbering of table 5 to table 6b and the termination of estimates in table 6b
in the fourth quarter of 1999.
- The addition of table 6a that incorporates new industry detail, the
presentation of all estimates before withholding taxes, and other changes
in presentation. Table 6a will have estimates from the first quarter of
1999 through the most recent quarter.
- Category 5 –
- The renumbering of table 6 to table 7b, table 7 to table 8b, table 8 to table 9b,
and table 9 to table 10b, and the termination of estimates in tables 7b, 8b, 9b,
and 10b in the fourth quarter of 2002.
- The addition of tables 7a, 8a, 9a, and 10a that incorporate new instrument
detail, new geographic detail, other new informational detail, and changes
in presentation. Tables 7a, 8a, 9a, and 10a will have estimates from the
first quarter of 1998 through the most recent quarter.
Last updated: June 19, 2003