Medical benefits include:
- Medicare benefits.&-; These benefits are Federal Government payments made through intermediaries to beneficiaries for the care provided to individuals under the medicare program.
- Public assistance medical care.&-; These medical benefits are received by low&-;income individuals. These payments consist mainly of the payments made through intermediaries to the vendors for care provided to individuals under the federally assisted, state&-;administered medicaid program and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and under the general assistance medical programs of state and local governments.
- Military medical insurance benefits.&-; These benefits are vendor payments made under the TriCare Management Program, formerly called the Civilian Health and Medical Plan of the Uniformed Services program, for the medical care of dependents of active duty military personnel and of retired military personnel and their dependents at nonmilitary medical facilities.
Related Data Tables
For estimates relating to Medical benefits please see the following tables
- In the annual state personal income and employment category: SA35
- In the county annual personal income and employment category: CA35