Research at BEA | Staff Biography
Aizcorbe, Ana M.
Office of the Chief Economist
- Ph.D., Economics, Boston College, 1986
- B.A., Economics, Georgetown University, 1980
Current Areas of Interest
- Measuring inflation and quality for durable goods
- Price deflators for health care spending
- "Alternative Price Indexes for Medical Care: Evidence from the MEPS Survey"
- with Ralph Bradley, Ryan Greenaway-McGrevy, Brad Herauf, Richard Kane, Eli Liebman, Sarah Pack, and Lyubov Rozental.
- BEA Working Paper WP2011–01
- "Implications of Consumer Heterogeneity on Price Measures for Technology Goods"
- with Adam Hale Shapiro.
- BEA Working Paper WP2010–09
- "Price Indexes for Drugs: A Review of the Issues"
- with Nicole Nestoriak.
- BEA Working Paper WP2010–02
- "Measuring Health Care Costs of Individuals with Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance in the U.S.: A Comparison of Survey and Claims Data"
- with Eli Liebman, Sarah Pack, David M. Cutler, Michael E. Chernew, and Allison B. Rosen.
- BEA Working Paper WP2010–06
- "Intermittent Purchases and Welfare-Based Price Deflators for Durable Goods"
- with Adam Copeland.
- BEA Working Paper WP2007–02
- “Changing Mix of Medical Care Services: Stylized Facts and Implications for Price Indexes”
- with Nicole Nestoriak.
- Journal of Health Economics, May 2011.
- “Heterogeneous Car Buyers: A Stylized Fact”
- with Benjamin Bridgman and Jeremy Nalewaik.
- Economic Letters 109(1):50-53, October 2010.
- “BEA Briefing: Toward Better Measurement of Innovation and Intangibles”
- with Carol Robbins and Carol Moylan.
- Survey of Current Business 89 (January 2009): 10–23
- "Shifting Trends in Semiconductor Prices and the Pace of Technological Progress"
- with Stephen Oliner and Dan Sichel.
- Business Economics 43 (July 2008): 23–29
- ""Toward a Health Care Satellite Account"
- with Bonnie Retus and Shelly Smith.
- Survey of Current Business 88 (May 2008): 24–30
- “The Role of Semiconductor Inputs in IT Hardware Price Decline”
- with Kenneth Flamm and Anjum Khurshid.
- National Bureau of Economic Research. Hard-to-Measure Goods and Services: Essays in Memory of Zvi Griliches, 2007. Cambridge, MA
- "Why Did Semiconductor Price Indexes Fall So Fast in the 1990s? A Decomposition"
- Economic Inquiry 44 (July 2006): 485–496
- “Moore’s Law and the Semiconductor Industry: A Vintage Model”
- with Sam Kortum.
- Scandinavian Journal of Economics 107 (December 2005): 603–630
- “Moore’s Law, Competition and Intel’s Productivity in the Mid-1990s”
- The American Economic Review 5 (May 2005): 305–308