Research at BEA | Staff Biography
Larson, William D.
Office of the Chief Statistician
- George Washington University, MA, PhD (Economics)
- Whitman College, BA (Economics)
Current Areas of Interest
- Land and house price valuation
- Regional housing and labor market dynamics
- Energy and urbanization
- "Energy Implications of City Size and Density"
- with Anthony Yezer
- "Housing and Labor Market Dynamics in Growing vs. Declining Cities."
- "Can Tightness in the Housing Market Help Predict Subsequent Home Price Appreciation? Evidence from the U.S. and the Netherlands"
- with Erik de Wit and Paul Carrillo
- "Is Newer Better? Penn World Table Revisions and Their Impact on Growth Estimates"
- with Simon Johnson, Arvind Subramanian, and Chris Papageorgiou
- Journal of Monetary Economics, Vol. 60. No. 2, 2013
- "Energy Footprint of the City: Effects of Urban Land Use and Transportation Policies"
- with Feng Liu and Anthony Yezer
- Journal of Urban Economics, Vol. 72. No. 2/3, 2012