FAQs: Surveys of Foreign Direct Investment in the United States
You may always call for assistance (202) 606-5615 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EDT
You may also call outside of work hours and leave a message at any time. Someone will return your call.
- May I fax my report?
- May I have an extension of the due date for filing the report?
- May I file using an expired version of the form?
- Will BEA acknowledge receipt of my report if requested?
- Where can I find a copy of the International Surveys Industry (ISI) codes?
- How do I obtain a copy of the last report I filed?
- Who should provide the authorized signature on the report?
- Where do I mail reports?
- I received a "Notice of Failure To File" stating that my company has not complied with the reporting requirements. What should I do?
- The address/contact person to whom my survey reports are sent has changed. How do I update this information with BEA?
Survey Specific Questions
BE-12 Benchmark survey report
- I am required to file a BE-12 report. Which form do I file?
- I usually file the BE-15 annual survey. What is the difference between the BE-12 and the BE-15?
- What is the due date for filing the 2012 BE-12?
- Is it acceptable to file using a photocopied version of the BE-12 form?
- How do I report on the BE-12 if I am a limited partnership or have an interest in a limited partnership?
- I only own real estate in the United States. Why am I required to file a BE-12 report?
- I received a notice that I am required to file the 2012 BE-12. What should I do if the company no longer exists?
BE-13 Initial investment report
BE-15 Annual survey report
BE-605 Quarterly survey report
- The U.S. affiliate has more than one foreign parent. Must I file a separate BE-605 form to report transactions or accounts with each foreign parent?
- Our foreign parent has a different (percentage of) equity ownership than voting ownership. Which do we use to file the report?
- My foreign parent is located in one country but incorporated in another. Which country should I enter in item 13 of the form?
- Does Part VII -- Selected Annual Information -- need to be completed every quarter?
- What is reported in Parts V and VI of the BE-605?
- Should transactions between the U.S. affiliate and foreign affiliates of the foreign parent located in any of the U.S. territories or possessions be reported in Part VI -- Balances and Interest, Between U.S. Affiliate, as Consolidated, and Foreign Affiliates of the Foreign Parent?
- If the U.S. affiliate, as consolidated, is below the exemption threshold does it need to file a form?
- How do I report an initial investment on the BE-605 form?