BEA strives to provide the most timely, relevant and accurate economic data to you, our users, to help promote a better understanding of the U.S. economy. These reliable and consistent measures of economic activity are essential to the informed decisionmaking of policymakers, business leaders and every American household. The success of our statistical programs, in large part, is determined by your confidence in our data, and your suggestions for improving that data. As one of the world's leading statistical agencies, we are dedicated to staying on the cutting edge of the economy.
Stay informed by visiting this page to learn more about BEA’s full range of activities. We have included a review of activities at the Bureau, including research, IT developments, and recent data releases. In addition, the 5-year BEA Strategic Plan and information on the President's current budget request for BEA is also available for your review.
If you have any questions or issues about BEA that you would like to share, I encourage you to contact me or any member of the BEA staff. We welcome your comments and suggestions.
Bureau of Economic Analysis
State of the Bureau
- Director’s Message – Survey of Current Business (PDF)
- Integrated Industry-Level Production Account for the United States Update
- Supply-Use Tables for the United States
About the Director
Recent Blogs & FAQs
- How would special and accelerated dividends affect the national income and product accounts in the fourth quarter 2012?
- I usually file the BE-15 annual survey. What is the difference between the BE-12 and the BE-15?