eFile on Google Chrome
Using the eFile system with Google Chrome
The BEA eFile PDFs will only work with Adobe Acrobat or Reader (click here for more information). If you are using the Google Chrome browser, you may experience a problem with the BEA eFile system. The Chrome browser contains a built-in PDF viewer that is not compatible with BEA eFile PDF forms. If you click the download button and the forms open in a browser tab, it means that Google Chrome has used its built-in PDF viewer and not Adobe Acrobat. The buttons on the form will not work and you may see a message that says "Please Wait... Updating Form Data" that never goes away. If this happens, use one of the two methods below or try using another browser:
- Enter the following in the URL bar of the Chrome Browser: chrome://settings/content/pdfDocuments
- Turn the option "Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome" on
- You can close this tab and then try to download the eFile PDF again, they should open in Adobe Acrobat.
- Click the download button for the eFile form you are filing.
- When the download has completed, you will see the file in the bottom of your browser window.
- Click the small arrow next to the filename and choose "Open With System Viewer". It should then open in Adobe.
If neither of these work, call the eFile helpdesk at 301-278-9401.