eFile on Google Chrome
Using the eFile system with Google Chrome
If you are using the Google Chrome browser, you may experience a problem with the BEA eFile system. The Chrome browser contains a built-in PDF viewer that is not compatible with BEA eFile PDF forms. If you click the download button and the forms open in a browser tab, it means that Google Chrome has used it's built-in PDF viewer and not Adobe Acrobat. The buttons on the form will not work and you will see a message that says "Please Wait... Updating Form Data" that never goes away. If this happens, follow the instructions below to disable the Chrome PDF viewer or try using another browser:
- Enter the following in the URL bar of the Chrome Browser: chrome://plugins
- This will bring up a page listing the available plug-ins for the browser
- Scroll down until you find the "Chrome PDF Viewer" plugin
- Click the "Disable" link for the "Chrome PDF Viewer"
- The "Chrome PDF Viewer" should now be greyed out
- You can close this tab and then try to download the eFile PDF again, they should open in Adobe Acrobat. If not, call the eFile helpdesk at 202-606-9914.