Frequently Asked Questions
Guidelines for Citing BEA Information | ID: 1077 | Created: Jun-10-2015
BEA’s secure messaging system is an encrypted and secure way to correspond with BEA about your confidential survey-related business information. It keeps your data protected and your communications with BEA in one place. When you want to contact BEA:
- Go to www.bea.gov/efile and login to your user account.
- From the “eFile – User Account Homepage,” go to the Linked Surveys section and select the survey.
- On the “eFile – Survey Homepage,” select a filing period.
- On the “eFile – Report Homepage,” scroll down to Secure Messaging and click on “Go to the Secure Mailbox.”
- On the eFile Secure Messaging System page, click on “Send a New Message” to compose your message. Click on “Send Message” when you’re finished.
- When BEA replies to your email, you’ll receive an email notifying you that there is a secure message. Simply click on the link within the email and it will take you to the eFile login screen.
- After logging in, select the survey and filing period referenced in the notification email to read the secure email.
NOTE: You need to have a user account and eFile ID created with BEA in order to use the secure messaging system.
Ask us a question...
Double check that email address! | We won't be able to contact you if it is incorrect.
Why the math question? | This helps stop malicious programs from using this site to generate SPAM email.
Please allow us some time | It could take up to two(2) business days for our Subject Matter Experts to follow up with an appropriate answer to your question(s). Your patience is very much appreciated.
Using the FAQ database
All FAQs are displayed when first visiting the page. They are ordered by most recent or recently updated and can be filtered by keyword search term, by category, and by manually selecting the page number buttons. To view any FAQ, click on the title to open the answer. Submitting a question is done by selecting the “Ask a question” tab along the top of the FAQ.
Selecting an FAQ
Clicking on the title of the FAQ will bring up the answer to the FAQ. Navigating back to the list of FAQs is done by selecting the tab “Back to FAQs”. A tab to ask a question specifically about this FAQ can be found at the top of the answer. Also, the FAQ id and date this FAQ was created or last modified is shown in the upper right hand corner.
Searching the FAQs
Enter a keyword search term and click the Search button to narrow FAQ selections. To return to all FAQs, click the Clear button or clear the keyword search field and click the Search button.
Filtering FAQs by category
Chose the category to filter by and click Apply button. This will display only the FAQs related to an assigned category. To return to all FAQs click the Clear button next to the search by keyword field or select ALL from the drop down menu and click Apply button.