Frequently Asked Questions
Guidelines for Citing BEA Information | ID: 1078 | Created: Aug-20-2015
BEA encourages U.S. Reporters to respond by the October 1, 2015 due date stated on the form. However, BEA recognizes the burden imposed by this and other BEA surveys with 2015 filing deadlines. BEA is therefore providing extensions of the BE-180 due date as outlined below.
- File with BEA no later than November 1, 2015 if the U.S. Reporter was notified of the BE-180 survey by BEA and has a BE-180 identification number below 140012490.
- File with BEA no later than December 1, 2015 if the U.S. Reporter was notified of the BE-180 survey by BEA and has a BE-180 identification number above 140012490.
- File with BEA no later than November 1, 2015 if the U.S. Reporter was NOT notified of the BE-180 survey by BEA and does NOT have a BE-180 identification number.
Extensions requiring requests:
- If the automatic extension described in a or b above applies, and you need to request time beyond the automatic extension, you may call BEA at (202) 606-5588 or send a written request via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. BEA will consider extensions of up to an additional 30 days if a request is submitted by November 1, 2015.
- If the automatic extension described in c above applies, and you need to request time beyond the automatic extension, you may request an extension of up to an additional 60 days by following the instructions at www.bea.gov/ssb/be180 and by providing the information requested by November 1, 2015. Following the instructions referenced above will enable BEA to assign the U.S. Reporter an identification number that can also be used to access BEA’s eFile system.
Please visit www.bea.gov/efile for details about using BEA’s online eFile system.
Ask us a question...
Double check that email address! | We won't be able to contact you if it is incorrect.
Why the math question? | This helps stop malicious programs from using this site to generate SPAM email.
Please allow us some time | It could take up to two(2) business days for our Subject Matter Experts to follow up with an appropriate answer to your question(s). Your patience is very much appreciated.
Using the FAQ database
All FAQs are displayed when first visiting the page. They are ordered by most recent or recently updated and can be filtered by keyword search term, by category, and by manually selecting the page number buttons. To view any FAQ, click on the title to open the answer. Submitting a question is done by selecting the “Ask a question” tab along the top of the FAQ.
Selecting an FAQ
Clicking on the title of the FAQ will bring up the answer to the FAQ. Navigating back to the list of FAQs is done by selecting the tab “Back to FAQs”. A tab to ask a question specifically about this FAQ can be found at the top of the answer. Also, the FAQ id and date this FAQ was created or last modified is shown in the upper right hand corner.
Searching the FAQs
Enter a keyword search term and click the Search button to narrow FAQ selections. To return to all FAQs, click the Clear button or clear the keyword search field and click the Search button.
Filtering FAQs by category
Chose the category to filter by and click Apply button. This will display only the FAQs related to an assigned category. To return to all FAQs click the Clear button next to the search by keyword field or select ALL from the drop down menu and click Apply button.