S.4.q Nonfinancial Noncorporate Business (1)
(1) Estimates for 2000 and earlier periods are based on the 1987 Standard Industrial Classification System; later estimates are based on the North American Classification System.
(2) Government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) consist of Federal Home Loan Banks, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Federal Agricultural Mortgage Corporation, Farm Credit System,
the Financing Corporation, and the Resolution Funding Corporation, and they included the Student Loan Marketing Association until it was fully privatized in the fourth quarter of 2004.
(3) Net equity in reserves of property-casualty insurance companies.
(4) Capital formation, net and net lending or borrowing, capital account are shown as seasonally adjusted annual rate flows. The non-seasonally adjusted flows of these series are used
in the calculation of the change in net worth.
(5) Farm houses are included in the household sector.