S.9.q Rest of the World
(1) Prior to 1999, current taxes, contributions for government social insurance, and transfer receipts from the rest of the world (line 8) are not separately displayed, and line 4 includes
current taxes and transfer payments to the rest of the world net of current taxes, contributions for government social insurance, and transfer receipts from the rest of the world.
(2) Government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) consist of Federal Home Loan Banks, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Federal Agricultural Mortgage Corporation, Farm Credit System,
the Financing Corporation, and the Resolution Funding Corporation, and they included the Student Loan Marketing Association until it was fully privatized in the fourth quarter of 2004.
(3) The statistical discrepancy is the difference between net lending or net borrowing derived in the capital account and the same concept derived in the financial account. The discrepancy
reflects differences in source data, timing of recorded flows, and other statistical differences between the capital and financial accounts.
(4) Net lending or borrowing, capital account is shown as a seasonally adjusted annual rate flow. The non-seasonally adjusted flow of this series is used in the calculation of the change in net worth.
(5) Nonfinancial assets, including nonproduced nonfinancial assets, are not included on the balance sheet.