Research at BEA | Authors | Staff Biography
Office of the Chief Economist
- Ph.D. candidate, Health Services Organization and Research, Virginia Commonwealth University
- M.A., Applied Economics, Johns Hopkins University, 2008
- B.A., Economics, Virginia Tech, 2003
Current Areas of Interest
- Health Services Research
- Public Health
- Organizational Theory
- "Medical Care Expenditure Indexes for the US, 1980-2006"
- with Ana Aizcorbe
- BEA Working Paper WP2015-4
- "Measuring Nursing Home Price Growth between 2000-2009"
- with David Johnson
- BEA Working Paper WP2015-8
- "Calculating Disease-Based Medical Care Expenditure Indexes for Medicare Beneficiaries: A Comparison of Method and Data Choices"
- with Anne E. Hall.
- NBER Working Paper No. 19720
- "Using Disability Adjusted Life Years to Value the Treatment of Thirty Chronic Conditions in the U.S. from 1987-2010"
- with Elizabeth Bernstein
- BEA Working Paper WP2014-9
- "A Regression-Based Medical Care Expenditure Index for Medicare Beneficiaries"
- with Anne E. Hall
- BEA Working Paper WP2013-04
"Productivity and Quality of Hospitals that Joined the Medicare Shared Savings Accountable Care Organization Program"
- with Yasar Ozcan (Virginia Commonwealth University)
- forthcoming from International Journal of Healthcare Management
- "Regional Quarterly Report"
- with David G. Lenze
- Survey of Current Business 91 (January 2011): 67-74