Research at BEA | Authors | Staff Biography
Office of the Chief Economist
- Ph.D., Health Services Organization and Research, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2017
- M.A., Applied Economics, Johns Hopkins University, 2008
- B.A., Economics, Virginia Tech, 2003
Current Areas of Interest
- Research Design
- Health Services Research
- Organizational Theory
- "Experimental Estimates of Wages and Gross Output by Business Size and Industry, 2002-2012"
- with Erich Strassner
- BEA Working Paper WP2017-11
- "Medical Care Expenditure Indexes for the US, 1980-2006"
- with Ana Aizcorbe
- BEA Working Paper WP2015-4
- "Measuring Nursing Home Price Growth between 2000-2009"
- with David Johnson
- BEA Working Paper WP2015-8
- "Calculating Disease-Based Medical Care Expenditure Indexes for Medicare Beneficiaries: A Comparison of Method and Data Choices"
- with Anne E. Hall.
- NBER Working Paper No. 19720
- "Using Disability Adjusted Life Years to Value the Treatment of Thirty Chronic Conditions in the U.S. from 1987-2010"
- with Elizabeth Bernstein
- BEA Working Paper WP2014-9
- "A Regression-Based Medical Care Expenditure Index for Medicare Beneficiaries"
- with Anne E. Hall
- BEA Working Paper WP2013-04
- "Price Indexes for US Medical Care Spending, 1980-2006"
- with Ana Aizcorbe
- Forthcoming from Review of Income and Wealth
- "Accountable Care Organizations and Prosocial Power: Using Power to Influence Employee Motivation, Identification, and Cooperation"
- Forthcoming from Healthcare Transformation
- "Attribution of Health Care Costs to Diseases: Does the Method Matter?"
- with Allison Rosen, Ana Aizcorbe, Michael Chernew, Eli Liebman, Kaushik Ghosh, & David Cutler
- University of Chicago Press, 2018
- "Introducing the Outdoor Recreation Satellite Account"
- with Connor Franks, Patrick Georgi, and Thomas Howells
- Survey of Current Business, 2018
- "US spending on personal health care and public health, 1996-2013"
- with JL Dieleman, et al.
- JAMA, 2016
- "Comparing Estimates of U.S. Health Care Expenditures by Medical Condition, 2000–2012"
- Survey of Current Business, 2016
- "Productivity and Quality of Hospitals that Joined the Medicare Shared Savings Accountable Care Organization Program"
- with Yasar Ozcan
- International Journal of Healthcare Management, 2016