Research at BEA | Authors | Staff Biography
Landefeld, J. Steven
Office of the Director
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Maryland, 1979
- B.S., Business, University of Maryland, 1972
Current Areas of Interest
- Measurement of economic growth
- Business economics
- Integrated and extended macroeconomic accounts
- “GDP and Beyond: Measuring Economic Progress and Sustainability”
- with Shaunda M. Villones
- Survey of Current Business 4 (April 2010)
- “National Time Accounting and National Economic Accounting”
- with Shaunda Villones
- in Measuring the Subjective Well-Being of Nations, NBER, edited by Alan B. Krueger
- National Bureau of Economic Research, University of Chicago Press, 2009
- “Accounting for Household Production; A Prototype Satellite Account Using the American Time Use Survey”
- with Barbara M. Fraumeni and Cindy M. Vojtech
- Review of Income and Wealth, June 2009
- “Implementation of a New Architecture for the US National Accounts”
- with Dale Jorgenson
- American Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings, May 2009
- “Taking the Pulse of the Economy: Measuring GDP”
- with Eugene P. Seskin and Barbara Fraumeni
- Journal of Economic Perspectives, Spring 2008
- A New Architecture for the National Accounts
- with Dale Jorgenson and William Nordhaus
- NBER Studies in Income and Wealth, University of Chicago Press, July, 2006
- “BEA’s Chain Indexes, Time Series, and Measures of Long-term Economic Growth”
- with Robert P. Parker
- Survey of Current Business 77 (May 1997): 58-68
- "Integrated Economic and Environmental Satellite Accounts"
- with Carol S. Carson et al
- Survey of Current Business 74 (April 1994): 33-49
- "Alternative Frameworks for U.S. International Transactions"
- with Obie G. Whichard and Jeffrey H. Lowe
- Survey of Current Business 73 (September 1993)
- "Why are Returns to Capital Falling?"
- Business Economics, January 1988
- "National Accounting for Non-Renewable Natural Resources in the Mining Industries"
- with James R. Hines
- Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, March 1985
- "The Economic Value of Life: Linking Theory to Practice"
- with Eugene Seskin
- American Journal of Public Health, June 1982
- "Biomedical Research and Illness: 1900-1979"
- with Solomon Schneyer and Frank Sandifer
- Health and Society: Millbank Memorial Fund Quarterly, Spring 1981