Research at BEA | Authors | Staff Biography
Moulton, Brent R.
Office of the Director
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Chicago, 1985
- M.S., Economics, Brigham Young University, 1978
- B.A., Economics, Brigham Young University, 1977
- "Integrated GDP-Productivity Accounts"
- with Michael J. Harper, Steven Rosenthal, and David Wasshausen
- American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings 99 (May 2009): 74-79
- "Integrated Macroeconomic Accounts for the United States: Draft SNA-USA"
- with Albert M. Teplin, Rochelle Antoniewicz, Susan Hume McIntosh, Michael G. Palumbo, Genevieve Solomon, Charles Ian Mead, and Karin Moses
- A New Architecture for the U.S. National Accounts, edited by Dale W. Jorgenson, J. Steven Landefeld, and William D. Nordhaus
- NBER Studies in Income and Wealth, vol. 66, pp. 471-539. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2006
- "The System of National Accounts for the New Economy: What Should Change?"
- Review of Income and Wealth 50 (June 2004): 261-78
- "The Chain-Additivity Issue and the U.S. National Economic Accounts"
- with Christian Ehemann and Arnold J. Katz
- Journal of Economic and Social Measurement 28 (2002): 37-49
- "Getting the 21st-Century GDP Right: What's Underway?"
- American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings 90 (May 2000): 253-58
- "GDP and the Digital Economy: Keeping up with the Changes"
- Understanding the Digital Economy: Data, Tools, and Research, edited by Erik Brynjolfsson and Brian Kahin, pp. 34-48
- Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2000
- "An Overview of Experimental U.S. Consumer Price Indexes"
- with Kenneth J. Stewart
- Journal of Business & Economic Statistics 17 (April 1999): 141-51
- "Working to Improve the Consumer Price Index"
- with Katharine G. Abraham and John S. Greenlees
- Journal of Economic Perspectives 12 (Winter 1998): 27-36
- "Addressing the Quality Change Issue in the Consumer Price Index"
- with Karin E. Moses
- Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, no. 1 (1997), pp. 305-66
- "Bias in the Consumer Price Index: What Is the Evidence?"
- Journal of Economic Perspectives 10 (Fall 1996): 159-77