Research at BEA | Authors | Staff Biography
Office of the Chief Economist
- Ph.D., Economics, George Mason University
- M.A., Economics, Miami University (OH)
- B.A., Economics & Political Science, Miami University (OH)
Current Areas of Interest
- Applied Microeconomics
- Housing/Real Estate/Urban Economics
- Applied Econometrics
- "Foreclosure Externalities and Real Estate Liquidity"
- with R. Brastow, X. Bian, and B. Waller
- "Who Benefits from Targeted Property Tax Relief? Evidence from Virginia Elections"
- with Jeremy Moulton and Bennie Waller
- “Why Disclose Less Information? Toward Resolving a Disclosure Puzzle in the Housing Market”
- with Xun Bian, J. Contat, and B. Waller
- “Mitigating Agency Costs in the Housing Market: Education or Incentives?”
- with Geoffrey Turnbull and Bennie Waller
- “The Impact of Historical Rehabilitative Tax Credits on the Marketing Outcomes of Neighboring Properties”
- with Geoffrey Turnbull, Bennie Waller, Walter Witschey, Velma Zahirovic-Herbert
- “Real Effects of Tax Uncertainty: Evidence from Firm Capital Investments”
- with Martin Jacob and Kelly Wentland
- "The Role of Transaction Costs in Impeding Market Exchange in Real Estate"
- with Xun Bian and Bennie Waller
- Journal of Housing Research (forthcoming)
- "How Many Listings are Too Many? Agent Listing Externalities and the Residential Housing Market"
- "Estimating the Effect of Crime Risk on Property Values and Time on Market: Evidence from Megan's Law in Virginia"
- with B. Waller and R. Brastow
- Real Estate Economics, 42(1) 2014.
- "Not in my Backyard: The Effect of Substance Abuse Treatment Centers on Property Values"
- with C. LaRoche and B. Waller
- Journal of Sustainable Real Estate, Vol. 6 2014.