Survey Respondents | Form BE-125Quarterly Survey of Transactions in Selected Services and Intellectual Property with Foreign Persons
File via Mail or Fax
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Filing Requirements and Filing Methods
- We purchased services from a company in country A, but we sent the payments to a bank in a different country. How should we report this transaction?
- Under "rights related to patents, processes, and trade secrets," why is there no category for “rights to reproduce and/or distribute?”
- Do "education services" include tuition charged to foreign exchange students?
- Do "health services" include in-patient or out-patient care provided directly to foreign residents?
- Should the intercompany charges to foreign affiliates for the reimbursement of management time and expense, advertising expense, etc. be considered "sales" for the purpose of the survey?
- If I have a transaction with a country in an amount that is less than $500 do I list the country and $0.00 or do not have to list the country at all?
- Are the purchases or sales of goods reported on the BE-125?
- We provide services to a U.S. affiliate of a foreign company. Is this transaction applicable to the BE-125?
- When reporting data by country on the BE-125, can regions be used instead?
- How should transactions with international organizations be reported on the BE-125?
- How do I indicate on the BE-125 what type of services I am selling/purchasing?
- My company purchased accounting, auditing, and bookkeeping services from three countries: $200 thousand from Norway, $500 thousand from the United Kingdom, and $100 thousand from Venezuela (totaling $800 thousand). How should I report the data on the BE-125?
- Should I report all services not otherwise listed on the BE-125 under service code 35, other selected services?
- My company has been hired by the U.S. Government to provide educational and training services to organizations located abroad. Are such transactions reportable on the BE-125?
- We provide services to one of our foreign affiliates. Is this reportable on the BE-125?
- We provide services to our foreign parent. Is this reportable on the BE-125?
- We provide services to a foreign affiliate of a foreign parent. Is this reportable on the BE-125?
- What types of "allocated expenses" are reportable on the BE-125 under transaction code 21, Management, Consulting, and Public Relations Services?
- Under which transaction code do I report licenses to use computer software, i.e. end-user licensing agreements on the BE-125?
- We are a goods producer, and some of our products move from country to country during the manufacturing process. Should we report the value-added of those products under merchanting services?
- How do you add additional schedules/overflow pages?
- Do I need to report shared services amounts between the subsidiaries & parent companies on the BE-125?
- For financial services providers - Are fees and commissions received and paid reported on the survey?
- Should the intercompany charges to foreign affiliates for the reimbursement of management time and expense, advertising expense, etc. be considered “sales” for the purpose of the survey?
- Are cloud computing services reportable on this survey?