Direct Investment by Country and Industry, 2017
In 2017, the U.S. direct investment abroad position increased to $6,013.3 billion and the foreign direct investment in the United States position increased to $4,025.5 billion, according to statistics released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA). The increases were mainly due to increased investment with countries in Europe.Current Release
- Current Release: July 30, 2018
- Next Release: July 24, 2019
- U.S. International Economic Accounts: Concepts and Methods
- Guide to BEA’s Direct Investment Surveys
- International Surveys: U.S. Direct Investment Abroad
- International Surveys: Foreign Direct Investment in the United States
- Geographic Area Definitions
- Industry and Foreign Trade Classification Materials
What is Direct Investment by Country and Industry?
Measures the value of direct investment in the United States by overseas investors and U.S. investment in other countries. The statistics also provide information on the industries attracting investment. Ownership of 10 percent or more constitutes a direct investment.