International Surveys: U.S. Direct Investment Abroad
All surveys of U.S. Direct Investment Abroad are mandatory and confidential.
- Guide to BEA’s Direct Investment Surveys (PDF)
- Guide to Industry Classifications for International Surveys (PDF)
- File Online with eFile
- BE-11A (PDF)
- BE-11B (PDF)
- BE-11C (PDF)
- BE-11D (PDF)
- BE-11D (PDF) Additional Affiliate Page – Page for reporting additional “BE-11D” affiliates
- BE-11 Claim for Not Filing (PDF)
- BE-11 Instruction Booklet (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- May I fax my report?
- May I have an extension of the due date for filing the report?
- May I file using an expired version of the form?
- Will BEA acknowledge receipt of my report if requested?
- How do I obtain a copy of a recent report I filed?
- Who should provide the authorized signature on the report?
- Where do I mail reports?
- I received a "Notice of Failure to File" stating that my company has not complied with the reporting requirements. What should I do?
- The address or contact person to whom my survey reports are sent has changed. How do I update this information with BEA?