Gross Domestic Product: Second Quarter 2018 (Second Estimate) Corporate Profits: Second Quarter 2018 (Preliminary Estimate)
2nd quarter 2018:
1st quarter 2018:
Real gross domestic product (GDP) increased 4.2 percent in the second quarter of 2018, according to the “second” estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. The growth rate was 0.1 percentage point more than the “advance” estimate released in July. In the first quarter, real GDP increased 2.2 percent.Current Release
- Current release: August 29, 2018
- Next release: September 27, 2018
Gross Domestic Product: Second Quarter 2018 (Second Estimate); Corporate Profits: Second Quarter 2018 (Preliminary Estimate)
- Current-dollar and "real" GDP
- Percent change from preceding period
- Underlying Detail Tables
- Motor vehicles
- Prices and Output for Information and Communication Technologies
- Integrated Macroeconomic Accounts for the United States
- Estimates prepared for international comparisons based on the System of National Accounts
- Additional Tables
- Data Archive Previously published estimates contain historical data and have since been revised.
- News Release Archive
- Vintage History of Quarterly Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and Gross Domestic Income (GDI) Estimates
What is Gross Domestic Product?
A comprehensive measure of U.S. economic activity. GDP is the value of the goods and services produced in the United States. The growth rate of GDP is the most popular indicator of the nation's overall economic health.