Personal Consumption Expenditures by State, 2021
US PCE growth
State personal consumption expenditures (PCE) increased 12.7 percent in 2021 after decreasing 1.9 percent in 2020. The percent change in PCE across all 50 states and the District of Columbia ranged from 16.3 percent in Utah to 9.4 percent in New York.
- Current Release: October 6, 2022
- Next release: October 4, 2023
- Regional Definitions Glossary of Terms Specific to the Regional Program
- Statistical Area Delineations including Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas
- BEA Regions
- Downloadable Data
- Data Table Availability
- Personal Consumption Expenditures by State, 2018 | SCB, January 2020
Personal Consumption Expenditures by State
The goods and services purchased by, or on behalf of, people living in each state and the District of Columbia. Officially known as personal consumption expenditures, these statistics provide insight into the strength of a state economy and consumers' buying trends.