GDP for American Samoa, 2018
The estimates of GDP for American Samoa show that real GDP—GDP adjusted to remove price changes—increased 2.2 percent in 2018 after decreasing 5.8 percent in 2017 (see Table 1.3). For comparison, real GDP for the United States (excluding the territories) increased 2.9 percent in 2018 after increasing 2.4 percent in 2017.
- Current Release: August 23, 2019
- Next Release: Summer 2020
- The Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) Releases GDP Estimates for Four U.S. territories
- Territorial Economic Accounts: New Estimates of GDP for 2016 and New Estimates of GDP by Industry and Compensation by Industry for 2015
- New Estimates of GDP for 2015 and GDP by Industry and Compensation by Industry for 2014
- Results of the First Comprehensive Revision of the Territorial Economic Accounts: New Estimates of GDP for 2014 and Revised Estimates for 2002-2013
What is GDP for American Samoa?
A comprehensive measure of economic activity for American Samoa. GDP is the value of the goods and services produced in a territory. Estimates of GDP by industry and compensation by industry are also provided.