Gross Domestic Product by Industry: Second Quarter 2019
Professional, scientific, and technical services; real estate and rental and leasing; and mining were the leading contributors to the increase in U.S. economic growth in the second quarter of 2019. The private goods‐ and services‐producing industries, as well as the government sector, contributed to the increase. Overall, 14 of 22 industry groups contributed to the 2.0 percent increase in real GDP in the second quarter.
- Current Release: October 29, 2019
- Next Release: January 9, 2020
- Articles on quarterly GDP by industry statistics includes articles and data related to the previously published prototype quarterly GDP by industry statistics
- GDP by Industry Data
- Historical SIC Data
- Underlying detail: Additional data from the Industry Economic Accounts
- Improved Estimates of the Industry Economic Accounts: Results of the 2018 Comprehensive Update SCB, December 2018
- Measuring the Nation’s Economy: An Industry Perspective | A Primer on BEA’s Industry Accounts
- Preview of the Comprehensive Revision of the Annual Industry Accounts SCB, March 2010
- Experimental Quarterly U.S. Gross Domestic Product by Industry Statistics SCB, February 2010
- Integrating the 2002 Benchmark Input-Output Accounts and the 2002 Annual Industry Accounts SCB, December 2007
- Gross Domestic Product by Industry for 1947-86: New Estimates Based on the North American Industry Classification System SCB, December 2005
- Annual Industry Accounts: Introducing KLEMS Input Estimates for 1997-2003 SCB, September 2005
- Gross Domestic Product by Industry for 1987-2000: New Estimates on the North American Industry Classification System SCB, November 2004
- Preview of the Comprehensive Revision of the Annual Industry Accounts: Integrating the Annual Input-Output Accounts and the Gross-Domestic-Product-by-Industry Accounts SCB, March 2004
- Priorities for Industry Accounts SCB, November 2000
- Improved Estimates of Gross Product by Industry for 1947-98 SCB, June 2000
- Gross Product by Industry Price Measures 1977-96 SCB, March 1998
What is GDP by Industry?
An industry-by-industry breakdown of gross domestic product. In addition to showing each industry’s contribution to the U.S. economy, known as its value added, these statistics include industries’ compensation of employees, gross operating surplus, and taxes.