Personal Income by County and Metropolitan Area, 2019
In 2019, personal income increased in 2,964 counties, decreased in 139, and was unchanged in 10. Personal income increased 4.0 percent in the metropolitan portion of the United States and increased 3.5 percent in the nonmetropolitan portion.
- Current Release: November 17, 2020
- Next Release: November 16, 2021
- Downloadable Data
- Data Table Availability
- Regional Definitions Glossary of Terms Specific to the Regional Program
- Statistical Area Delineations including Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas
- 250 Highest and Lowest County Per Capita Personal Incomes
- Component Counties by State
- Economic Information for Coastal Areas
What is Personal Income by County, Metro, and Other Areas?
Income that people get from wages, proprietors' income, dividends, interest, rents, and government benefits. A person's income is counted in the county, metropolitan statistical area, or other area where they live, even if they work elsewhere.