BEA’s secure messaging system is an encrypted and secure way to correspond with BEA about your confidential survey-related business information. It keeps your data protected and your communications with BEA in one place. When you want to contact BEA:
- Go to www.bea.gov/efile and login to your user account.
- From the “eFile – User Account Homepage,” go to the Linked Surveys section and select the survey.
- On the “eFile – Survey Homepage,” select a filing period.
- On the “eFile – Report Homepage,” scroll down to Secure Messaging and click on “Go to the Secure Mailbox.”
- On the eFile Secure Messaging System page, click on “Send a New Message” to compose your message. Click on “Send Message” when you’re finished.
- When BEA replies to your email, you’ll receive an email notifying you that there is a secure message. Simply click on the link within the email and it will take you to the eFile login screen.
- After logging in, select the survey and filing period referenced in the notification email to read the secure email.
NOTE: You need to have a user account and eFile ID created with BEA in order to use the secure messaging system.