COVID-19 and Recovery
This Bureau of Economic Analysis webpage will consolidate information about the COVID-19 virus and federal stimulus programs as they relate to BEA's economic data. Any technical information important to a particular news release will also be published with the news release.
- How does the Paycheck Protection Program of 2020 impact the national income and product accounts (NIPAs)? Updated
- How does the 2020 CARES Act affect BEA's estimates of personal interest payments? Updated
- What is the impact of COVID-19 on the State Personal Income statistics for 2020 Q1?
- What is the impact of COVID-19 on statistics on trade in services?
- How does BEA adjust wages and salaries to account for the effects of COVID-19?
- How will the expansion of unemployment benefits in response to the COVID-19 pandemic be recorded in the NIPAs?
- What is the impact of COVID-19 on statistics on trade in services in the "U.S. International Trade in Goods and Services, March 2020" report?
- How did BEA adjust March 2020 wages and salaries to account for the effects of COVID-19?
- How does BEA measure public education services during the closings of schools and college campuses in response to the COVID-19 pandemic?
- How are the economic impact payments for individuals authorized by the CARES Act of 2020 recorded in the NIPAs?
- Why does BEA publish estimates at annual rates?
- Why does BEA publish percent changes in quarterly series at annual rates?
- BEA seems to have several different measures of government spending. What are they for and what do they measure?