International Surveys: U.S. International Services Transactions
The BE-120 Benchmark Survey of Selected Services and Intellectual Property with Foreign Persons (BE-120), which BEA typically conducts every five years, has been delayed to consider changes to survey content that would allow BEA to publish more detailed statistics on U.S. international trade in services. The previous BE-120 collected data for the 2011 reporting year and was conducted in 2012. The next BE-120 will collect data for the 2017 reporting year and will be conducted in early 2018, pending approval from the Office of Management and Budget.
When communicating by email with BEA, please do not include sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in the text or in an unencrypted attachment.
Sensitive PII is information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, such as a Social Security Number (full or partial).
Any document containing sensitive PII that is attached to an email must be encrypted. Any email received by BEA that contains sensitive PII in the text or in an unencrypted attachment will be blocked and deleted.
If you have any questions, please contact us using the contact information on the survey you are completing.
All surveys of U.S. international services transactions are mandatory and confidential. - In addition to the forms provided below, surveys can also be completed and submitted online via BEA’s electronic filing system, eFile.
- Summary of the Reporting Requirements for International Services Surveys Conducted by the Bureau of Economic Analysis -- updated September 2013
- BE-9 (PDF) | BE-9 (XLSX) —Quarterly Survey of Foreign Airline Operators' Revenues and Expenses in the United States
- BE-29 (PDF) —Foreign Ocean Carriers' Expenses in the United States (To be Reported by Foreign Carriers' U.S. Agents)
- BE-30 (PDF) | BE-30 (XLSX) —Ocean Freight Revenues and Foreign Expenses of United States Carriers
- BE-37 (PDF) | BE-37 (XLSX) —U.S. Airline Operators' Foreign Revenues and Expenses
- BE-45 (PDF) | BE-45 (XLSX) —Quarterly
Survey of Insurance Transactions by U.S. Insurance Companies with Foreign
— Frequently Asked Questions
- BE-120/125 Benchmark & Quarterly Survey of Transactions in Selected Services and Intellectual Property with Foreign Persons Survey Respondents: Forms, video tutorials, eFile, FAQs and more....
- BE-140 (PDF) —Benchmark Survey of Insurance Transactions by U.S. Insurance Companies with Foreign Persons
— Frequently Asked Questions
- Discontinued BE-150 — Quarterly Survey of Payment Card and Bank Card Transactions Related to International Travel
- BE-185/180 Benchmark & Quarterly Survey of Financial Services Transactions Between U.S. Financial Services Providers and Foreign Persons: Forms, video tutorials, eFile, FAQs, and more...
Questions concerning these surveys may be addressed to BEA's Balance of Payments Division; telephone (301) 278-9303 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., eastern time.