Gross Domestic Product by County, 2021
Real gross domestic product (GDP) increased in 2,404 counties, decreased in 691 counties, and was unchanged in 17 counties in 2021. The percent change in real GDP ranged from 81.8 percent in Coke County, TX, to –34.8 percent in Chouteau County, MT.
- Current Release: December 8, 2022
- Next Release: December 7, 2023
- Interactive Tables: GDP by county and MSA
- Interactive Maps: GDP by county and MSA
- BEARFACTS BEA Regional Fact Sheet about personal income and gross domestic product
- Comparing County GDP to Personal Income
- Component Counties by State
- Downloadable Data
- Statistical Area Delineations Including Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas.
- Economic Information for Coastal Areas
- Industry Names to NAICS Codes
- News Release Archive - GDP by County
- News Release Archive - GDP by Metro
- Data Archive Previously published estimates contain historical data and have since been revised.
What is GDP by County, Metro, and Other Areas?
A comprehensive measure of the economies of counties, metropolitan statistical areas, and some other local areas. Gross domestic product estimates the value of the goods and services produced in an area. It can be used to compare the size and growth of county economies across the nation.
Technical contactJacob Hinson
Technical contactFrank Baumgardner
Media (BEA)Connie O'Connell