Government Receipts and Expenditures
|Q4 2022 (2nd)||…|
|Q3 2022 (3rd)||$7,611.6 Bn|
|Q4 2022 (2nd)||$8,960.2 Bn|
|Q3 2022 (3rd)||$8,707.3 Bn|
|* Government receipts are not available with the first (advance) estimate of GDP for each quarter.
◦ For the fourth quarter only, government receipts are not available in the first or second estimates.
Receipts and expenditures tables labeled "government" combine federal, state, and local activities. Data also are produced for the federal government, and for state and local governments combined. BEA produces the only comprehensive estimates of state and local government activity available on a timely basis.
- Current release: February 23, 2023
- Next release: March 30, 2023
- Government Receipts and Expenditures: Fourth Quarter of 2021 Survey of Current Business, April 2022
- Data Archive Previously published estimates contain historical data and have since been revised.
- News Release Archive
What are Government Receipts and Expenditures?
Tax receipts, spending, and other transactions data for state and local governments combined and for the U.S. government. These statistics are used to assess the fiscal health of different levels of government and to see trends over time.Learn More
News MediaConnie O'Connell