Gross Domestic Product, 3rd quarter 2019 (advance estimate)
3rd quarter 2019:
2nd quarter 2019:
Real gross domestic product (GDP) increased 1.9 percent in the third quarter of 2019, according to the “advance” estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. In the second quarter, real GDP increased 2.0 percent.
- Current release: October 30, 2019
- Next release: November 27, 2019
- Current-dollar and "real" GDP
- Percent change from preceding period
- Underlying Detail Tables
- Motor vehicles
- Prices and Output for Information and Communication Technologies
- Integrated Macroeconomic Accounts for the United States
- Estimates prepared for international comparisons based on the System of National Accounts
- Additional Tables
- Data Archive Previously published estimates contain historical data and have since been revised.
- News Release Archive
- Vintage History of Quarterly Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and Gross Domestic Income (GDI) Estimates
What is Gross Domestic Product?
A comprehensive measure of U.S. economic activity. GDP is the value of the goods and services produced in the United States. The growth rate of GDP is the most popular indicator of the nation's overall economic health.