U.S. Direct Investment Abroad (USDIA)
Activities of U.S. Multinational Enterprises (MNEs)
The activities of multinational enterprises statistics available here provide a picture of the overall activities of U.S. multinational enterprises – both their U.S. and foreign operations -- and contain a wide variety of indicators of their financial structure and operations. These statistics cover items that are needed in analyzing the characteristics, performance, and economic impact of MNEs, and are obtained from mandatory surveys of U.S. multinational enterprises conducted by BEA.
Frequently Requested Tables
Data users should be aware that the increase in most U.S. MNE activities from 2013 to 2014 appears to largely reflect the improved coverage of these activities in the 2014 Benchmark Survey of U.S. Direct Investment Abroad. For more information see Improvements in Coverage.
U.S. Parent Companies
All Foreign Affiliates
Majority-Owned Foreign Affiliates
- Selected Data by Country 2009-2015 (XLS)
- Selected Data by Industry 2009-2015 (XLS)
- Employment by Country and Industry 2009-2015 (XLS)
- Value Added by Country and Industry 2009-2015 (XLS)
- Capital Expenditures by Country and Industry 2009-2015 (XLS)
- Sales by Country and Industry 2009-2015 (XLS)
- Assets by Country and Industry 2009-2015 (XLS)