Selected annual state gross domestic product statistics for 2017 through 2022 reflecting the 2023 Comprehensive Update of the Regional Economic Accounts are now available.
GDP by state for the second quarter of 2023 will be released Dec. 5, along with the comprehensive update of state quarterly GDP data from the first quarter of 2018 through the first quarter of 2023.
Next release: December 5, 2023
- 2023 Comprehensive Update of the Regional Economic Accounts Provides details about the update, including background materials, data availability, and table changes.
- Regional Data Archives Access previously published regional data.
- The 2022 Annual Update of the Regional Economic Accounts: New Statistics for 2021 and Updated Statistics for 2017–2020: Toward Regional Economic Recovery from the COVID–19 Pandemic | SCB, November 2022
- Regional Quarterly Report, November 2020
- Regional Quarterly Report, May 2019
- Regional Quarterly Report, March 2019
What is GDP by State?
A comprehensive measure of the economies of each state and the District of Columbia. GDP estimates the value of the goods and services produced in a state. The data include breakdowns of industries' contributions to each state economy.