It's time for BEA's benchmark survey of U.S. Direct Investment Abroad, conducted every five years.
The BE-10 is our most comprehensive survey on financial and operating data of U.S. multinational enterprises.
- The survey covers fiscal years ending in 2019.
- All entities subject to the reporting requirements must file, even if they are not contacted by BEA.
- Those who would normally file a BE-11 annual survey will file the benchmark survey instead for 2019.
- Refer to the FAQs below for more about who is required to file.
New BE-10 survey forms for 2019
May 29, 2020 for a U.S. Reporter required to file fewer than 50 Forms BE-10B, BE-10C, and/or BE-10D.
June 30, 2020 for a U.S. Reporter required to file 50 or more Forms BE-10B, BE-10C, and/or BE-10D.
File online here with eFile Coming Soon
|BE-10A||Survey Form(Fillable - PDF) Coming Soon|
|BE-10B||Survey Form(Fillable - PDF) Coming Soon|
|BE-10C||Survey Form(Fillable - PDF) Coming Soon|
|BE-10D||Survey Form(Fillable - PDF) Coming Soon|
|BE-10||Claim for Not Filing(Fillable - PDF) Coming Soon|
Statistics from the Survey
More About BEA's International Data and Surveys
- Federal Register Final Rule detailing changes to the 2019 Benchmark BE-10 Forms
- U.S. Direct Investment Abroad, Quarterly and Annual Surveys
- BEA International Trade and Investment Country Facts
When communicating by email with BEA, please do not include sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in the text or in an unencrypted attachment.
Sensitive PII is information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual's identity, such as a Social Security Number (full or partial).
Any document containing sensitive PII that is attached to an email must be encrypted. Any email received by BEA that contains sensitive PII in the text or in an unencrypted attachment will be blocked and deleted.
If you have any questions, please contact us using the contact information on the survey you are completing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- My company is an inactive company. Do I have to file a BE-10?
- My company was liquidated or no longer owned foreign affiliates in 2019. Do I have to file a BE-10?
- I don't have an EIN. How should I complete this question on BEA surveys?
- How do I report on the BE-10 if I am a limited partnership or have an interest in a limited partnership?
- I only own real estate in a foreign country. Why am I required to file a BE-10 survey?
- I am reporting for a private fund. Do I have to file a BE-10?
- Are there exceptions to the consolidation rules when filing a BE-10 report?
- Why does BEA conduct the BE-10 Benchmark Survey?
- Am I required to file the BE-10 benchmark survey?
- Are the data submitted on BEA surveys confidential?
- I usually file the BE-11 annual survey. What is the difference between the BE-10 and the BE-11?
- I received a notification to file the BE-10 from BEA. How did you get my information?
- I do not meet BE-10 filing requirements. Do I have to file a BE-10 survey?