Activities of U.S. Affiliates of Foreign Multinational Enterprises, 2019
Majority-owned U.S. affiliates (MOUSAs) of foreign multinational enterprises (MNEs) employed 7.95 million workers in the United States in 2019, a 1.1 percent increase from 7.86 million in 2018, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis. MOUSAs accounted for 6.0 percent of total private-industry employment in the United States in 2019.
- Current Release: August 20, 2021
- Next Release: August 2022
- Foreign Direct Investment in the United States Overview
- U.S. International Economic Accounts: Concepts and Methods
- Guide to BEA’s Direct Investment Surveys
- International Surveys: Foreign Direct Investment in the United States
- International Surveys: Archived Survey FormsNew
- Geographic Area Definitions
- Industry and Foreign Trade Classification Materials
What are Activities of U.S. Affiliates of Foreign MNEs?
BEA’s statistics on the activities of U.S. affiliates of foreign multinational enterprises offer details on the finances and operations of U.S. affiliates of foreign MNEs, including their employment and compensation, sales, value added, capital expenditures, trade in goods, and expenditures for research and development.