Activities of U.S. Affiliates of Foreign Multinational Enterprises, 2018
Majority-owned U.S. affiliates (MOUSAs) of foreign multinational enterprises (MNEs) employed 7.8 million workers in the United States in 2018, a 1.9 percent increase from 7.7 million in 2017, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Current Release: November 13, 2020
- Next Release: August 20, 2021
- Foreign Direct Investment in the United States Overview
- U.S. International Economic Accounts: Concepts and Methods
- Guide to BEA’s Direct Investment Surveys
- International Surveys: Foreign Direct Investment in the United States
- International Surveys: Archived Survey FormsNew
- Geographic Area Definitions
- Industry and Foreign Trade Classification Materials
What are Activities of U.S. Affiliates of Foreign MNEs?
BEA’s statistics on the activities of U.S. affiliates of foreign multinational enterprises offer details on the finances and operations of U.S. affiliates of foreign MNEs, including their employment and compensation, sales, value added, capital expenditures, trade in goods, and expenditures for research and development.