Activities of U.S. Multinational Enterprises, 2018
Worldwide employment by U.S. multinational enterprises (MNEs) increased 1.4 percent to 43.0 million workers in 2018 from 42.4 million in 2017, according to statistics released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis on the operations and finances of U.S. parent companies and their foreign affiliates.
- Current Release: August 21, 2020
- Next release: November 2021
- U.S. Direct Investment Abroad Overview
- U.S. International Economic Accounts: Concepts and Methods
- Guide to BEA's Direct Investment Surveys
- BEA's Surveys of U.S. Direct Investment Abroad
- Geographic Area Definitions
- Industry and Foreign Trade Classification Materials
- How are BEA’s statistics on the activities of U.S. multinational enterprises (MNEs) affected by the complex corporate structures of MNEs?
What are Activities of Multinational Enterprises (MNEs)?
BEA’s statistics on the worldwide activities of U.S. multinational enterprises offer details on the finances and operations of U.S. multinational enterprises, including their employment and compensation, sales, value added, capital expenditures, trade in goods, and expenditures for research and development.