U.S. International Transactions, First Quarter 2020 and Annual Update
1st quarter 2020:
4th quarter 2019:
The U.S. current account deficit narrowed by $0.1 billion, or 0.1 percent, to $104.2 billion in the first quarter of 2020, according to statistics from the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis. The revised fourth quarter deficit was $104.3 billion. The first quarter deficit was 1.9 percent of current dollar gross domestic product, up less than 0.1 percentage point from the fourth quarter.
- Current Release: June 19, 2020
- Next Release: September 18, 2020
- Prototype Tables for the International Transactions Accounts Updated - May 19, 2020
- Interactive Data: Updated International Transactions Prototype Updated - May 19, 2020
- News Release Tables: International Transactions Release Prototype
- Blog: Table Changes Coming With Annual Update of International Statistics
- Article: Preview of the 2020 Annual Update of the International Economic Accounts
- Pre-Formatted Tables: International Transactions Coming soon!
- U.S. Government Capital Subscriptions in and Contributions to International Financial Institutions Excluding the International Monetary Fund, Transactions and Positions
- Trends in Digitally-Enabled Trade in Services, 1998-2010
- Personal Transfers, 1992:I – 1998:IV
- Personal Transfers, beginning in 1999 For statistics beginning with 1999, see Table 5.1, line 9, of the U.S. International Transactions Accounts.
- Transfers under U.S. Military Agency Sales Contracts Including All Goods and Services, 1999:I – 2016:I Direct Defense Expenditures Including All Goods and Services, 1999:I – 2016:I
- Revisions to U.S. Government Payments, 2009 - 2011
- Transactions in Long-term Securities, 1970-1981
- International Transactions Accounts Overview
- U.S. International Economic Accounts: Concepts and Methods
- A Guide to BEA’s Services Surveys
- International Surveys: U.S. International Services Transactions
- International Surveys: U.S. Direct Investment Abroad
- International Surveys: Foreign Direct Investment in the United States
- 2014 Comprehensive Restructuring of the U.S. International Transactions Accounts
- Industry and Foreign Trade Classification Materials
- Annual Updates of the U.S. International Transactions Accounts
- Preview of the 2020 Annual Update of the International Economic Accounts
- 2019 Annual Update of the U.S. International Transactions Accounts
- U.S. International Transactions: Third Quarter 2018
- U.S. International Transactions: Second Quarter 2018
- International Transactions Articles
- 2018 Annual Update of the U.S. International Transactions Accounts
- U.S. International Transactions: First Quarter of 2018
- U.S. International Transactions: Fourth Quarter and Year 2017
- U.S. International Transactions: Third Quarter of 2017
- U.S. International Transactions: Second Quarter of 2017
What are the International Transactions Accounts?
Transactions in goods, services, income, and investment between U.S. residents and residents of other countries each quarter. The transactions reflect U.S. trade; income on stocks, bonds, and loans and related investment; foreign aid; and more.