U.S. International Transactions, Fourth Quarter and Year 2019
4th quarter 2019
3rd quarter 2019
The U.S. current account deficit narrowed by $15.6 billion, or 12.4 percent, to $109.8 billion in the fourth quarter of 2019, according to statistics from the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis. The revised third quarter deficit was $125.4 billion. The fourth quarter deficit was 2.0 percent of current dollar gross domestic product, down from 2.3 percent in the third quarter.
- Current Release: March 19, 2020
- Next Release: June 19, 2020
- Pre-Formatted Tables: International Transactions (PDF)
- U.S. Government Capital Subscriptions in and Contributions to International Financial Institutions Excluding the International Monetary Fund, Transactions and Positions, 1976:IV-2019:IV (Excel)
- Trends in Digitally-Enabled Trade in Services, 1998-2010
- Personal Transfers, 1992:I – 1998:IV
- Personal Transfers, beginning in 1999 For statistics beginning with 1999, see Table 5.1, line 9, of the U.S. International Transactions Accounts.
- Transfers under U.S. Military Agency Sales Contracts Including All Goods and Services, 1999:I – 2016:I Direct Defense Expenditures Including All Goods and Services, 1999:I – 2016:I
- Revisions to U.S. Government Payments, 2009 - 2011
- Transactions in Long-term Securities, 1970-1981
- International Transactions Accounts Overview
- U.S. International Economic Accounts: Concepts and Methods
- A Guide to BEA’s Services Surveys
- International Surveys: U.S. International Services Transactions
- International Surveys: U.S. Direct Investment Abroad
- International Surveys: Foreign Direct Investment in the United States
- 2014 Comprehensive Restructuring of the U.S. International Transactions Accounts
- Industry and Foreign Trade Classification Materials
- Annual Updates of the U.S. International Transactions Accounts
- U.S. International Transactions: Third Quarter 2018
- U.S. International Transactions: Second Quarter 2018
- International Transactions Articles
- 2018 Annual Update of the U.S. International Transactions Accounts
- U.S. International Transactions: First Quarter of 2018
- U.S. International Transactions: Fourth Quarter and Year 2017
- U.S. International Transactions: Third Quarter of 2017
- U.S. International Transactions: Second Quarter of 2017
What are the International Transactions Accounts?
Transactions in goods, services, income, and investment between U.S. residents and residents of other countries each quarter. The transactions reflect U.S. trade; income on stocks, bonds, and loans and related investment; foreign aid; and more.