U.S. International Transactions, First Quarter 2021 and Annual Update
The U.S. current account deficit widened by $20.7 billion, or 11.8 percent, to $195.7 billion in the first quarter of 2021, according to statistics from the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis. The revised fourth quarter deficit was $175.1 billion. The first quarter deficit was 3.6 percent of current dollar gross domestic product, up from 3.3 percent in the fourth quarter.
- Current Release: June 23, 2021
- Next Release: September 21, 2021
- U.S. Trade in Goods and Services with the European Union (27), 1999:I-2019:IV and 1999-2019
- Personal Transfers, 1992:I-1998:IV
- Personal Transfers, beginning in 1999 For statistics beginning with 1999, see Table 5.1, line 18, of the U.S. International Transactions Accounts.
- Transfers under U.S. Military Agency Sales Contracts Including All Goods and Services, 1999:I-2016:I Direct Defense Expenditures Including All Goods and Services, 1999:I-2016:I
- Revisions to U.S. Government Payments, 2009-2011
- Transactions in Long-term Securities, 1970-1981
- International Transactions Accounts Overview
- U.S. International Economic Accounts: Concepts and Methods
- A Guide to BEA’s Services Surveys
- International Surveys: U.S. International Services Transactions
- International Surveys: U.S. Direct Investment Abroad
- International Surveys: Foreign Direct Investment in the United States
- International Surveys: Archived Survey FormsNew
- 2014 Comprehensive Restructuring of the U.S. International Transactions Accounts
- Industry and Foreign Trade Classification Materials
- Annual Updates of the U.S. International Transactions Accounts
- U.S. International Transactions: First Quarter 2021
- 2021 Annual Update of the U.S. International Transactions Accounts
- Preview of the 2021 Annual Update of the International Economic Accounts
- U.S. International Transactions: Fourth Quarter and Year 2020
- U.S. International Transactions: Third Quarter 2020
- U.S. International Transactions: Second Quarter 2020
- U.S. International Transactions: First Quarter 2020
- 2020 Annual Update of the U.S. International Transactions Accounts
What are the International Transactions Accounts?
Transactions in goods, services, income, and investment between U.S. residents and residents of other countries each quarter. The transactions reflect U.S. trade; income on stocks, bonds, and loans and related investment; foreign aid; and more.